If you’re one of the sixteen million Americans with rosacea, you know the embarrassment that comes with flare-ups. Symptoms can vary significantly in severity and may include:
- Patches of redness on the face.
- Itchy or tearing eyes.
- Tiny blood vessels suddenly visible on the face.
- Bumps or clusters of pimples.
At Ovation Med Spa in Houston we treat rosacea with our broadband light (BBL) procedure, restoring unhealthy skin to healthy new skin.
What is BBL Laser Treatment?
Broadband light treatment uses heat to encourage the growth of collagen to replace damaged skin and heal the effects of skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, pigmentation, and lines and wrinkles due to natural aging. BBL Laser treatment can be adjusted to:
- Type of condition. Different conditions affect different layers of your skin. To provide targeted treatment and prevent damage to healthy skin, our staff only targets skin that needs to be replenished.
- Location of treatment. BBL Laser can be applied to different areas of the body and face to restore skin. Each area requires a certain amount of energy to penetrate the layer of skin that achieves your desired effect.
- Maintain a consistent temperature. BBL Laser is self-regulated to the temperature needed for optimal treatment. This produces an even result for skin that appears refreshed without redness or irritation.
Ovation Med Spa in Houston consistently adopts the latest and safest methods available to ensure the best possible patient experience. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will explain every step of the procedure and answer any questions that may come up during your consultation.
What is the Effect of BBL Laser Treatment on Rosacea?
BBL Laser treatment breaks up the uneven tone of your skin by targeting areas affected by rosacea to stimulate collagen growth. Many of our patients in Houston find that after a series of BBL Laser treatments the symptoms of their rosacea are barely noticeable. However, each patient will respond differently to the procedure, and we recommend that you come to our Houston medical spa to receive a consultation for your specific condition.
Can BBL Laser Treatment Cure Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that cannot be cured. However, the symptoms can be managed effectively with the right treatment. We recommend that patients with rosacea undergo BBL Laser treatment for symptoms such as redness, irritation, and visible blood vessels. Depending on the exact appearance of your rosacea you may also need medication to control flare-ups that cause clusters of pimples to form. To see some of our patients who have benefitted from BBL Laser treatment for their rosacea, click here.
How Many Treatments Will I Need to Clear Up My Rosacea?
BBL Laser treatment is not a one-time procedure. It is a series of three to six treatments performed every three to four weeks. After your first series, you will see how your body responds to the procedure and how often you’ll need to return to maintain your appearance.
Need to get rid of red, uneven skin caused by rosacea? Contact our Houston medical spa at (713) 936-2490 to schedule your free consultation.