The body is capable of the complex processes of cell generation unequaled by surgery. At our Houston medical spa, we harness the ability of your body’s natural response to stimulate new collagen formation that lifts sagging skin and erases years from your age.
Ultherapy uses powerful ultrasound energy to trigger collagen production that replaces the body’s natural supply of collagen. A few months after treatment the skin will become firm and supple without any downtime for recovery or discomfort.
How Ultherapy Triggers Collagen Production
Collagen is the structure surrounding all of our tissue. We have a certain supply, and by our early 20s, collagen production has already begun to slow. By the time you are in your 30s and 40s, collagen is lost rapidly causing your skin to start sagging and the initial signs of aging.
To restart collagen production, Ultherapy directs ultrasonic energy to underlying layers of skin. This energy triggers the body’s natural reaction to rebuild collagen in the areas targeted with treatment.
What Areas Can Ultherapy Target?
Ultherapy is specifically designed to treat sensitive areas of the face and chest. Treatment can tighten sagging skin around the:
- Upper chest
While not a replacement for a facelift, ultherapy is effective for mild to moderate sagging in these areas and can delay the need for a facelift.
When Should I Start Ultherapy Treatment?
The time to start Ultherapy is when you notice these changes and want to stop their progression. Patients in Houston who receive treatment range from:
- Late 20s and early 30s to extend their youthful looks.
- 40s and 50s who aren’t ready or willing to undergo a facelift.
- 50s, 60s, and older who don’t want a facelift or who have had a facelift and want to maintain results or touch up their appearance.
The main decider for when to start Ultherapy is the patient. We encourage anyone interested in Ultherapy to visit our Houston location for a free consultation to take the first step in treating any skin sagging.
How Often Should I Get Treatment?
Each body is unique and has its own rhythm for everything, even aging. Some patients continue Ultherapy treatment every year while others maintain their results for years after the proceedure. To extend your results the patient can create healthy habits that preserve their skin by:
- Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and antioxidants. Avoiding overindulging in sugary, salty, or fatty foods will also help preserve your results.
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated. Dry skin is more likely to develop wrinkles than skin with balanced moisture.
- Reduce intake of alcohol and caffeine which dry out skin and deprive it of nutrients that protect and rebuild.
- Stay protected from sun exposure by wearing sunscreen and covering up, especially during peak hours.
- Switch to high-quality skin care that complements the Ultherapy treatment. All staff members at Ovation Med Spa are ready to answer any questions and help select the skin care treatment that’s right for you.
Call our Houston medical spa at (713) 936-2490 to schedule your free Ultherapy consultation.