CoolSculpting has helped many patients who’ve come to Ovation Med Spa for fat reduction. But it’s hard to resist the tempting food options that cause people to gain weight. After reducing fat with CoolSculpting many Houston patients wonder if weight gain will affect their results. The short answer is that it depends on the reason for weight gain rather than the weight increase itself.
Weight Loss vs. Fat Reduction
People tend to put a lot of emphasis on achieving a specific goal weight through weight loss. But what most people don’t realize is that the real target is losing fat, not weight. In fact, because muscle weighs more than fat, a fit person with little body fat usually weighs more than someone with a higher percentage of body fat.
This means that your CoolSculpting treatment will reduce fat without much change to your weight. Instead, fat reduction changes the shape of your body causing:
- Fat cells to die off and naturally get eliminated by your body.
- The size of the treatment area to shrink by 20-40%.
- Clothes to fit much better.
Because CoolSculpting works with the body’s natural rhythm, the results will emerge within the first three months of treatment.
Weight Gain Due to Pregnancy
When Houston women who have had CoolSculpting treatment become pregnant, weight gain is completely natural and their body will change to support the new life. It will take a few years after giving birth for the body to adjust. While CoolSculpting can help you get their body back, we recommend waiting until your weight has stabilized to ensure that treatment is effective and lasting.
How Will I Look If I Gain Back Fat After CoolSculpting?
For some patients who visit our Houston office, fat returns to specific problem areas targeted during their Coolsculpting session. To avoid this problem, we recommend that our patients focus on:
- Maintaining a healthy diet that is balanced and contains all of the nutrients needed to sustain your results. This means keeping snacks, sweets, and fried foods as a one-time treat rather than a part of your meal plan.
- Moderate exercise at least three times per week for 30 minutes or more. This is the recommended amount cardiovascular exercise for an adult to maintain a healthy weight. Incorporating a weight training program will help build lean muscle and allow the patient to tone their body
- Measures other than weight to evaluate progress. Weight only tells one part of the story. A more accurate way to gauge how fat reduction is going is to observe how clothes fit, appearance before and after treatment, and changes in clothing size. It may seem counterintuitive, but a healthy diet and exercise can change your body in ways not captured by a scale.
If patients laps on their weight loss plan, the staff at Ovation Med Spa is always happy to schedule another CoolSculpting treatment to help you get back on track.
To learn more about how CoolSculpting can help you win the battle against unwanted fat, contact our Houston office at (713) 936-2490.