Whatever the reason you may be considering a feminine rejuvenation treatment, it can be difficult to discuss the subject with your partner. That’s unfortunate because talking about your concerns and potential treatments can improve your quality of life and strengthen your relationship. Our med spa in Houston, TX, offers a range of nonsurgical feminine rejuvenation treatments, and we often see patients who aren’t sure how to bring up the subject.
In this blog post, we’ll recommend some tips to make it easier to discuss feminine rejuvenation with your partner and briefly describe the menu of treatments we offer.
Tips for Talking to Your Partner
Male intimate dysfunction gets more attention—and commercials touting treatments for it—but intimacy issues affect many women too. As many as 40% of women experience intimate dysfunction at some point in their lives, according to the Cleveland Clinic. This isn’t to say that all feminine rejuvenation procedures address issues related to intimate dysfunction.
Incontinence, discomfort, and simply wanting to feel more confident are other reasons women seek surgical or nonsurgical rejuvenation. In addition to these procedures, hormone replacement therapy is another option for women experiencing intimacy issues—especially during menopause.
If you’re preparing to discuss your concerns with your partner but don’t know how to start, consider following this advice:
- Ensure that you don’t feel rushed because you have other commitments scheduled. Pick a quiet, private setting when there is no chance of being interrupted or distracted.
- Communicate specifically why you are considering a feminine rejuvenation treatment, whether it’s to address changes caused by childbirth or aging that are affecting your enjoyment of intimacy or it’s a health-related concern.
- Do your research before having this conversation so you can describe the treatment options involved and provide estimated costs of the various options (and if financing is available). You don’t have to get too technical; just offer a brief explanation so the technique isn’t a mystery.
- Explain what’s involved with your treatment’s recovery and be clear about how long it will be before you can resume intimacy.
- Think about when you’d like to schedule the procedure. Take into account both your schedule and your partner’s schedule (and your children’s calendars, if necessary)—especially if you’ll need a ride to and from the treatment appointment.
- Provide your partner with resources to research the treatments on their own. These resources can include websites such as RealSelf or information you’ve gathered during your own research.
Throughout this discussion, it’s helpful to explain that this is something you’re doing to improve your self-esteem and your relationship—and that you value your partner’s opinion and input.
What Are Your Feminine Rejuvenation Options?
Ovation Med Spa is known as the best med spa in Houston because we offer a wide range of clinically tested and effective treatment options performed by experienced, highly qualified providers. These treatments include everything from energy-based procedures such as ThermiVa® to regenerative medicine therapies that use platelet-rich plasma to stimulate the body’s natural healing power.
Your treatment options include:
This minimally invasive laser resurfacing treatment stimulates the production of new, tighter tissue that can improve sensation. It also addresses a number of concerns such as looseness, urinary incontinence, pain during intercourse, and dryness. As with most nonsurgical treatments, more than one session is needed to get the desired results.
Similar to diVa, diVaTyte uses infrared energy instead of laser wavelengths to reduce skin laxity. It’s a quick and gentle in-office procedure that typically takes about 10 minutes and requires little downtime.
Using radiofrequency (RF) energy, ThermiVa treats both the outer and inner tissue. As with diVa, this treatment relieves issues ranging from laxity to dryness to intimacy difficulty. The total treatment time is typically less than 30 minutes, and no time is needed to recover.
Using the growth factors contained in platelet-rich plasma (PRP), the O-Shot rejuvenates tissue by injecting PRP in precise locations. The treatment begins with a blood draw. A specialist then spins your blood in a centrifuge to separate the PRP from red blood cells. The concentrated plasma is then injected.
If you’re considering feminine rejuvenation and want more advice about how to discuss the issue with your partner, contact us to schedule a consultation with a member of our team. We can provide more information about your treatment options and determine which is best for you. You can also call us at [phone] to schedule an appointment.